Ponchos For Women
Get A New Look With A Poncho
A poncho is a loose fit garment which keeps the body warm during the winter. It is basically a loose top that can be worn over another top and it looks like a shawl worn over the shoulders. A complete formal and a casual look can be achieved with ponchos.
The best part of a poncho is that it can be worn during both the summer and the winter season as it is available in different materials such as cotton, wool, georgette, etc. It is a single square-shaped garment that comes in a variety of styles, sizes, designs, colors and fabric and can be worn as suits, tops or sweaters.
Women generally have wide stylish options and ponchos are one of the best garments that can be styled easily to look gorgeous. A poncho top gives an enchanting look when paired with skirts and jeans. With the latest trendy collections of ponchos, one can style a poncho in multiple ways and create a cool fashion statement.
Ponchos give a trendy cover up for your dress and it especially suits well over tube tops and tank tops. If you don’t have a poncho in your wardrobe, then it is time for you to get one and give a new trendy look. Upgrade your closet with a poncho as it serves a multi-purpose. You can wear a poncho as a dress, shawl, scarf or a sweater.
Know All About Ponchos
A poncho is a sleeveless garment with space at the center for the head to pass through and unsewn sides. It was a popular ancient men’s clothing which was usually brightly colored and hand loomed with rough waterproof material and hoods. Ponchos have been used as raincoats by Native Americans who have lived along the Andes, which are now a part of Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru.
Around 500 B.C, the poncho was considered the traditional clothing of the Paracas, a Pre-Inca Culture. In the 18th century, the Europeans have worn ponchos made with luxurious fabric and rich embroidery works. The ponchos were even used by the U.S Army in the late 1850s during the American civil war and World war. But the military ponchos were different from traditional ponchos because for military purposes the army had deployed the ponchos with waterproof rubber canvas coating.
In the European and North American countries, the ponchos are referred with various local names. Some commonly referred names of traditional ponchos are Ruana, Pala, Gaban, Chamanto and Jorongo. Since the ponchos had its origin in America, till today the garment has a close association with Americans. The ponchos were also identified as the costume of the horsemen.
During the olden days, Ponchos were used to warm the body, but in the modern 20th and 21st century, the trend has changed and the ponchos gained a unique style in the fashion world and are available in different designs, patterns, color and style for men, women and kids. Most importantly, a poncho is now considered a popular fashionable garment under women’s clothing.
Types Of Ponchos For Women
Ponchos for women generally come in the same shape but in different sizes, fabric, patterns, colors and designs. It is available in all sizes starting from S to XL and is made out of fabrics such as wool, crochet, cotton and georgette. They usually have long wide-spread three-quarter sleeves flowy over the shoulders and are often categorized under the type of Kaftan. The beauty of poncho lies only on its designs and some widely found designs are floral prints, stripes, knit designs and digital prints. Cowl neck, high collar neck, turtleneck, boat neck and V-neck are attractive Poncho neck designs which give a classy image to women. Ponchos are generally classified based on its materials and patterns.
Rain Poncho: It is one of the common types of poncho made up of waterproof material. It is a reusable, lightweight raincoat with a hood and can be worn during the rainy season. Rain poncho protects the body from rain and gives warmth.
Blanket Poncho: Blanket Poncho is a widely preferred poncho which can be worn over any dress as a blanket wrap to manage the cold weather. It gives a stylish look and is cozy to wear. Blanket ponchos are usually made up of soft and thick fabric like Faux Cashmere. It is multifunctional and can be used as a scarf, cardigan, shawl, etc. These ponchos give an elegant look when paired with skinny jeans and boots.
Woolen Poncho: It is the most commonly used winter wear made up of wool. Woolen poncho tops have gorgeous embroidery designs and it gives an attractive look when paired with matching outfits. It satisfies the winter fashion style and works well for parties, winter outings and get together.
Crochet Poncho: Crochet Ponchos are one of the popular ponchos with a rich pattern and also come with hoods. The interlocked loops of yarn on crochet ponchos give a versatile look and are trendier in fashion and cozier to wear during the winter.
Cotton Poncho: For a summer style, cotton ponchos will be a good choice. These ponchos are made up of cotton fabric and it extends a stylish casual look when paired with jeans.
Stylish Ways To Wear A Poncho
A poncho for women can be worn in different ways and can be paired easily with jeans and skirts. A complete gorgeous image can be achieved when it is teamed with the exact outfits, accessories and footwear. It is comfortable to wear and adds a dashing style when worn over a dress.
Here are some stylish outfit ideas on how to wear a poncho.
- For a business casual look, you can combine your navy blue or pale grey ponchos with skinny jeans of the same shade. Wear any casual footwear like ankle boots, ballerina flats or thigh-high boots to add classiness to your image.
- If you are hefty, then you can ideally wear a poncho as a dress. Pick an oversized and asymmetrical long poncho with large prints and wear it as a dress by pairing up with skinny jeans. Wearing a belt over your long poncho will accentuate your body figure and give a gorgeous image. Remember to wear ankle boots or high-heeled gladiators to give a proper justification to your outfit.
- Team your poncho with shorts, short skirts or any short dresses of contrasting colors to achieve a super-stylish look. Hats, boots, hobo bags and statement necklaces are the perfect accessories for this attire.
- For a casual outlook, wrap your poncho as a shawl over your tunic topics. Draping it over collared dress will also be trendy and versatile.
- Wearing a poncho over shorts with tights gives a cute look. To turn your look more charming, wear a hat and ankle length boots.
- For a pretty vibe, wear a cream color woolen poncho over a black and white full-sleeved striped shirt by pairing it with black leggings or jeans.
- To stay hot during the cold weather, pick a poncho with hoods and match it with suitable dresses and accessories.
- Layer your poncho over button down shirt and let the collar stick out for an ultra-modern office look.
- Pairing a faux fur scarf over ponchos give a chic look. You can also wear a scarf matching to your ponchos for a relaxed and attractive image.
- You can also pick a poncho while dressing up for office during the winter. To stay professional try tailored ponchos with simple design and appropriate neckline.
- Adding multiple layers over your dress will give a balloon look. So, avoid multiple layering and simply pair your ponchos with skinny jeans to give a balanced image.
- Pick distressed denim to create an off-duty look. Ripped jeans usually give a funky style and adding a poncho over it will just elevate your fashion style to a new level.
- Ponchos are convenient to use and it looks good on women of all body shapes. To expose your hourglass figure, you can clinch a belt near the waist area over the ponchos.
- Many women love to wear ponchos over short dresses and very few prefer to wear ponchos over maxi dresses. To give a jazzy look, you can team your ponchos with maxi skirts. Wearing ponchos over maxi dresses stretches a new fashion style and gives a trim appearance.
- For an old inspired look, just give a try by pairing a black poncho with blue flare jeans. Wearing black leather pumps for this outfit will look great.
Pick A Poncho Online
Are you searching for stylish ponchos online? Don’t worry! You are at the right spot. LimeRoad offers a wide variety of cool and trendy collections of Ponchos for women in different colors, sizes and designs from the best brands at reasonable prices. At LimeRoad, you can find quality ponchos blended with exclusive design, style and pattern. Gain a good shopping experience by purchasing the stylish ponchos of your choice through online shopping at LimeRoad.
Pick a poncho from LimeRoad and present yourself in a stylish way.